10 guests · 4 bedrooms · 7 beds · 2 baths
This cozy, sunny, and absolute waterfront home sleeps 10 comfortably and is a 5 minute ferry from Brooklyn (Hawkesbury River) train station. Or of course bring your own boat and either dock at the private jetty or 10m deep buoy.
The light-filled west-facing lodge captures a huge expanse of water. The “Sun Deck” overlooks the water below and contains a modern kitchen, living and dining areas, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a back deck with BBQ, drinks fridge & large freezer for your catch.
The absolute waterfront house with private jetty is designed for 2 large families, 10 friends, or keep the annex closed off for a romantic weekend away for 2. It is boat access only, and really easy to get to – please check the maps on the photos section.
But what can I do there? 🙂
– Bring your own your own boat or yacht away from the congested Sydney Harbor and Pittwater waterways to explore the huge Hawkesbury River! Easily (deep water) moor on the buoy and stay the weekend! This huge expanse of the Hawkesbury is perfect for sailing, or tubing/skiing in your speedboat alike.
– Love fishing, and looking for the best combination of off-shore and deep-water angling from the jetty or the boat? The fishing table is on the jetty, and BBQ (and freezer for the rest) is out the back! Jewfish, bream, flathead, whiting, and squid are all waiting for you 🙂
– Doing the Great North Walk, and looking for “day 3” accommodation on the track? Or just looking for a new bushwalking destination? Head south and explore walking tracks, swimming beaches, and picnic on the secluded sandy beaches.
– Enjoy kayaking and want the best diversity of nooks and channels in the area? Head north and explore the charms of Mullet and Mooney Mooney Creeks! Use the small kayak or bring your own, but please wear a life vest. Watersports are at your own risk.
– A keen rock climber and want to try “the tanks” or “eagle rock”? Check “crag” online for local rock-climbing cliffs!
– Like seafood, and want to sample the local on-water restaurants, oyster bars, and pubs? Cottage Point Inn, Pete’s Bite, the Patonga Beach Hotel, the Floating Oyster Wine Bar, Anglers Hotel, the Oyster Shed etc etc. You may want to take the Water taxi back after a couple of drinks!..
– or if you just want time out for bird-watching, reading books, playing games, watching the house collection of DVDs or just sitting back and watch life go by on the Hawkesbury, then this is the location for you!
– in case you need to ‘get away’ and still work, we have also provided a computer nook with extra screen, in a quiet room in the house. Good for Zoom and Microsoft Teams meetings, but remember to bring your mobile for your internet connection!
Warm and sunny in the winter, and breezy in the summer. A really relaxing destination is waiting for you. Just 40 minutes from the hustle and bustle of Sydney!
Sun Deck Lodge lies on the coveted South end of Little Wobby, with deep water access, air-conditioned, unobstructed wide water views, close proximity to the public ferry wharf, literally on the Great Northern Walk trail, a short stroll to other local bushwalks and beaches on the southern end, and access to the best fishing locations.
Boat access only.
Take your boat direct to Sun Deck and moor on the deep-water swing-buoy or tie to the private jetty. Clearly boating proficiency required…
If you prefer to train/drive then Brooklyn is less than an hour from Sydney CBD. The ferry (time table included with the house photos) is a 2 minute walk from the train station, and then a 5 minute ride on calm water to the Little Wobby Public Wharf. Sun Deck is the 4th house south of the wharf, less than 2 minutes walk on a flat concrete path.
Another alternative is the water taxi, which is a 5 minute $30 trip from Brooklyn direct to the Sun Deck private jetty.
On arrival, unpack, pull up a deck chair and a cold drink, and relax with the magnificent view over looking the water! Worry about the fishing tomorrow…
Then.. you have full access to the whole house, jetty (boats up to 5.5m) and mooring (boats up to 10m). Surf ski is available with code given upon check-in.
Other things to note
Boat access only, of course. Or just park at Brooklyn and take the ferry or water taxi across.
Please note that whilst full access is given for the mooring and jetty, usage of the same is all at the vessel owner’s own risk. Note the tide is very large (>2m) so please CONTACT ME if you plan to bring your boat, in advance.
If needed, you can also hire a tinny from the Hawkesbury Water Taxi service.
Water restrictions exist on Wobby – thankyou in advance!
Please bring your own sheets, pillow cases and towels, and all food, drinks, personal and bathroom items.
Please take all your rubbish with you when you leave – there is no garbage service. There are bins when you arrive back in Brooklyn.
Please leave the house CLEAN and TIDY when departing. Cleaning gear in the kitchen cupboard. Turn off the gas. Empty fridges/freezer/compost bin, close windows, lock doors, lock up kayaks, put kayak paddles on back deck, and please return key to Key Safe.
Default Rate $450 / per night
Cleaning fee $200 / per stay
Minimum Stay: 2 nights
Policy and Notes
50% non-refundable deposit.
Remaining balance due on check-in.
$500 damage deposit is due.
Reservations are only valid when the Deposit has been paid. Deposits are non-refundable if the Guest cancels the stay, however, can be used towards future bookings if cancellation is made at least 14 days prior to check-in. Any cancellations made within 14 days of check-in will result in the Guest forfeiting the Deposit. Any future bookings will require a new Deposit to be paid.
If the Guest has already paid the Balance of the stay then a full refund (in the form of credit towards a later stay) will be given for cancellations up to 30 days before check-in.
If the Balance of the stay is paid after 30 days before check-in, a full refund (in the form of credit towards a later stay) will be given for cancellations made within 48 hours of Balance payment and at least 7 days before check-in.
If the Balance of the stay is paid 7 days prior to check-in, then 50% refund (in the form of credit towards a later stay) will be given for cancellations made up to 5 days before check-in. No refund/credit after that.
If the Balance of the stay has not been paid seven (7) days prior to check-in and an agreement hasn’t been made with the Homeowner, the Homeowner may assume the Guest has cancelled and the Property will be made available for other guests. Deposit will be forfeited.
The Homeowner may be entitled to cancel the Guest stay if the House Rules are broken during the rental period.
To book this property, contact our office at (02) 9985 7611. Alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org